Windows 11 is notorious for having high RAM usage. This guide will show you how to fix this issue by disabling unused services and programs.
The windows 10 high memory usage 2020 is a problem that can occur on Windows. If you are experiencing this issue, there are several things you can do to fix it.
He spent much of his time acquiring new talents and learning more about the computer industry, since he was passionate about technology, Windows, and anything that had a power button. Coming from a strong foundation in computer science,… Read more
- Malware or other problems may cause high RAM consumption when Windows 11 is idle.
- Checking the Task Manager for malfunctioning processes is a simple approach to solve this issue.
- Turning off SysMain and disabling Startup applications will also help you solve the issue.
- Use Windows Defender to scan the machine for malware, or use third-party software.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Users rushed to update and test out Windows 11 as soon as it became available. Some of them wrote to express their dissatisfaction with the excessive RAM consumption when the computer was inactive.
Various issues often arise throughout the development and early versions of Windows, or any other software/hardware for that matter.
While the source of the issue is worrisome, it is most likely an oversight on the part of the development team and will be patched or rectified in the near future.
Is it harmful if you use 80 percent of your RAM?
If your RAM utilization is about 80% or more, you shouldn’t be worried right immediately. All of the applications you have running right now is most certainly eating up your RAM.
For example, if you’re using Google Chrome and have a lot of tabs open, your RAM consumption will automatically increase, which isn’t a problem.
High RAM should never be considered an issue until no applications are running and the machine is experiencing this when idle, in which case there are a variety of explanations.
How can I fix Windows 11’s high RAM consumption problem?
1. Open Task Manager and look at the RAM utilization.
- Go to the Windows search box and type anything in.
- Select Task Manager after typing it in.
- To expand the list, choose More Details.
- Check the applications that are using too much RAM in the Processes tab.
- End the job by right-clicking on the ones you want to end.
- Close the Task Manager application.
Typically, high RAM consumption is caused by software that is acting up or glitching out. The easiest method to handle this is to go into Task Manager and kill the offending task.
Keep in mind that stopping the process will turn the application off permanently, so make sure you save any work you’ve done with it.
Furthermore, since Windows 11 is still under development, you may find that some Windows services are using all available RAM.
Such who terminate those processes may do more damage than good in this instance, since they may be required for the system to function correctly.
Check out how to close Task Manager processes if you’re experiencing difficulty ending the processes.
2. Turn off all startup programs
- Select Task Manager from the Windows Search Bar.
- Go to Startup in the Task Manager.
- Disable an app by right-clicking it.
- Close the Task Manager application.
Startup applications clog up your computer and use a lot of resources. Nowadays, the majority of applications you install will begin with Windows.
These applications will lengthen your startup time, but they will also use all of your processing power and RAM when they automatically update since they are always running in the background.
Disabling all superfluous starting applications and retaining just those that are essential to your system will ensure that everything runs smoothly.
3. Shut off the SysMain service.
- Type “Run” into the Windows Search Bar.
- Type services in the Run box. msc, then click the OK button.
- Search for Sysmain in the services tab, right-click on it, and choose Properties.
- Set the Startup type to Disabled in the new window.
- After that, go to Service Status, choose Stop, and then click Ok.
The SysMain service preloads commonly used software into RAM so that it may be accessed fast. Disable the functionality to see if it solves the problem.
On Windows 10, SysMain was known to use excessive disk and RAM space, so it wouldn’t be surprising if the same issue arises in its replacement.
4. Clean up your hard drive
- Type Defragment and Optimize Drives into the Windows Search Bar.
- Click Optimize after selecting the disk you want to defragment.
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
If you’ve been using your computer for a long time before upgrading to Windows 11, your hard drive may need to be cleaned and optimized.
Thankfully, you don’t need to install any third-party software to fragment your hard drive.
5. Run a malware scan on the computer.
- Type Windows Security into the Windows Search Bar.
- Choose between virus and threat prevention.
- After that, choose Turn on.
- After that, choose Quick Scan.
- Wait for the system to complete its scan.
Malware may also be a source of excessive RAM consumption and a variety of other issues. Perhaps the problem has nothing to do with Windows 11.
In this situation, the best course of action is to conduct a virus check via the Windows Firewall. Keep in mind that, in order to avoid viruses, you should always keep Windows Security switched on.
The Windows Firewall malware database is updated on a weekly basis, but a virus breach isn’t out of the question.
If you tried scanning your computer but got nothing, you’ll need to use something more powerful to get rid of the virus.
There are many programs available that can fully scan your device for the most recent malware and take action against any risks discovered, such as spyware, adware, and other assaults. In this respect, ESET Internet Security is an excellent example.
6. Double-check that you’ve met all of the system’s criteria.
If you’re constantly running out of RAM while using Windows 11, your computer may not be capable of handling the operating system.
It requires at least 4 GB of RAM to operate, but 8 GB, or 16 GB if feasible, is recommended for optimal performance.
The following are the official Windows 11 system requirements: — A CPU with 2 or more cores that runs at 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster – 4 GB RAM – 64 GB of storage or more – UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) and Secure Boot compliant device – TPM 2.0 – GPU with WDDM 2.0 driver that is compatible with DirectX 12 or later.
Is a RAM utilization of 40% normal?
Because your Windows is actively using it, any number near to 40% of your overall RAM use is deemed typical.
Of course, if you have a lot of RAM, the proportion will be smaller. With 32GB of total accessible memory, you won’t obtain 40 percent RAM utilization when idling.
Since we’re on the subject of efficiency and system resources, why not read up on how to enable efficiency mode on Edge to get the most out of your device?
High RAM consumption on Windows 11 will have a severe impact on your system’s performance, therefore resolving this issue is essential. Let us know if you were successful in the comments section below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The how to fix high memory usage windows 10 is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released fixes to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reduce RAM usage Windows 11?
There are several ways to reduce RAM usage, including disabling unnecessary programs and services. This can be done through the Task Manager in Windows 11.
How do I fix critically high RAM usage?
Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to restart your computer.
Why is RAM usage so high?
This is due to the game trying to load in all the content.
- high memory usage windows 10 not showing in task manager
- windows 11 high memory usage
- windows 11 memory leak
- high memory usage windows 10 nothing running
- high ram usage windows 10 idle