If you are using Windows 10, then you might have come across this error that your installation of VirtualBox has failed. This is a fatal error that will not allow you to run the program.
The virtualbox installation failed fatal error in windows 10 is an issue that occurs when you try to install VirtualBox on Windows 10. This article will provide a fix for this issue.
Tashreef Shareef, Tashreef Shareef, Tashreef Sharee
Expert in Windows and Software
Tashreef Shareef is a former software developer who now works as a tech writer. He became interested in technology after inadvertently reading a tech magazine. He now covers everything from Windows to iOS to streaming services in his writing. .. Continue reading
14th of September, 2021
Date of publication: May 2020
- Virtualization software such as VirtualBox, which is free to download and use, can be used to run one operating system inside another.
- If you’re having trouble installing it, there are three simple steps you can take to ensure it’s safe to use.
- When this occurs, one of the most common issues is that the antivirus software prevents the software from functioning properly.
- If VirtualBox isn’t up to the task, another great option is to use a different program to create multiple virtual environments.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to fix a variety of PC issues: This software will fix common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple steps, you can now fix PC problems and remove viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To find Windows issues that may be causing PC problems, click Start Scan.
- To fix issues that are affecting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Users can use VirtualBox to run Windows 10 as a host. While installing VirtualBox on Windows 10 is generally straightforward, you may encounter some difficulties. Users have reported that the installation of VirtualBox fails with the message “Installation failed!” Error: A fatal error occurred during the installation process.
On the internet, we discovered a few reports about the error.
When I try to install Vbox 5.1.22 on Windows 10, I get a “Fatal Error.” Please help, I’ve tried everything. Version 1703 of Windows 10 4GB RAM Intel Core i3
To correct the mistake, follow the steps outlined below.
How do I fix the fatal error “Virtualbox Installation failed” in Windows 10?
1. Run the VirtualBox Installer as an administrator.
- Find the directory that contains the VirtualBox installation.
- Select Run as administrator from the context menu when you right-click the Installer.
- To continue, click Yes when the UAC questions occur.
- Follow the on-screen steps to see whether the problem has been fixed.
2. Turn off your antivirus software.
- Temporarily deactivate your third-party antivirus protection.
- After you’ve disabled your antivirus, install VirtualBox.
- After VirtualBox has been successfully installed, re-enable the antivirus.
Disable Windows Real-Time Network Protection from the settings if required. To do so, follow these steps:
- Search for Windows Security in Start.
- Choose between virus and threat prevention.
- Select Manage settings.
- Turn off the toggle switch for real-time protection.
3. Run the troubleshooter for the Microsoft Program Installer.
- Click the Download button on the Microsoft Program Install Troubleshooter page.
- Click Next after running the Microsoft Program Install Troubleshooter utility.
- Select Installing from the Are you experiencing trouble installing or removing an application page.
- The program will scan the system for issues and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Reboot the system once the patch has been implemented to see whether any improvements have been made.
4. Make use of different applications
A different option is to use a software that enables you to build numerous virtual environments on a single device or server.
VMware is a powerful tool that lets you install Kubernetes environments on the desktop and use vctl to run, develop, publish, and pull OCI Containers, among other things. It offers a configurable interface and is compatible with Windows 10’s most recent upgrades.
Old VirtualBox entries or MSI installation difficulties are the most common causes of VirtualBox-related troubles. Make sure you run the MSI repair tool as well to resolve the problem.
OracleVirtualBox.c:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox.c:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox
Check out the Virtualbox area of our website for more information about this program.
For articles with full step-by-step guidance on coping with different problems, go to the Windows 10 Troubleshooting Hub.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To resolve problems with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 1
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are 3 responses to this post.
The installation failed fatal error during installation is a problem that has been present for a while. This article will teach you how to fix the issue.
- virtualbox won’t install on windows 10
- virtualbox fatal error no bootable medium found
- installation failed error fatal error during installation virtualbox windows 7
- virtualbox installation failed mac catalina
- oracle virtualbox