If this happens to you while working with Microsoft Windows, the following is a quick guide on how to fix it.
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
2nd of December, 2021
Date published: December 2020
- The Windows cannot locate one of the files in this theme problem usually occurs when one of your theme’s elements is broken.
- If the Themes sync option is enabled, the system will attempt and fail to synchronize your theme with your Microsoft account.
- There are a few options for dealing with this issue, but the best option is to switch to a different theme.
Get your Windows 10 files and folders back. WinZip makes it simple to locate files on your computer. Install it right now to reclaim your valuable data. This program aids in the discovery of all files, even those in the cloud and on a network. It can be used to:
Find all of your files, even whether they’re on the cloud or on a network
Now you may get the file.
An obnoxious Save a Theme error message has been reported by some customers on their Windows computers.
Windows can’t locate one of the files in this theme, according to the complete issue message. Are you still interested in saving the theme?
This error message appears at random and is caused mostly by missing theme files and elements.
What is causing this Windows theme error?
A theme might include several different parts, such as an image, an icon, a cursor, or even a sound file, and if any of them are absent, the system will not be able to recognize it correctly.
SettingSyncHost is the service that generates the error message. The Syncing Themes option is enabled by default, and when this procedure tries to sync your theme with your Microsoft account, it fails.
One possibility is that you installed a third-party theme that has faulty parts or references non-existent components.
It’s also possible that you added components to the theme that aren’t compatible with it, or that you erased files from the theme.
Let’s have a look at the remedies to the Save a Theme issue now that we know what’s causing it.
What should I do if one of the theme files is missing from Windows?
1. Modify the theme
- Right-click the desktop and choose Personalize from the drop-down menu.
- Then, on the left side of the window, go to Themes and pick another theme.
Alternatively, you may go to the Microsoft Store and select Get more themes to download a new theme, which you can then add to your desktop. Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of the greatest Windows 10 themes.
2. Uninstall the theme and reinstall it.
- Personalize the Windows 10 desktop by right-clicking it.
- On the left side of the Settings box, choose Themes.
- The active (now chosen) theme cannot be deleted. As a result, you’ll need to first choose an alternate theme, then right-click and delete the theme you want to restore.
- Click Get more themes in Microsoft Store if you acquired your theme from the Microsoft Store website.
- Then go there and look for your theme, choose it, and click Get.
- To add the theme to the theme menu, click Open. Then you may choose whether or not to use the theme.
- If you downloaded your lost theme from another source, go go to that site and download it again.
If you’d rather keep your existing theme, consider uninstalling and reinstalling it. It’s a good idea to re-download the theme to make sure there are no missing pieces.
It’s not difficult, but if you don’t know how to do it, discover how to install third-party themes on Windows 10 to get started.
3. Change the Theme Background to Picture.
- Personalize the desktop by right-clicking it.
- From the left pane, choose Background.
- Then, on the Background drop-down menu, pick Picture, and then click the Browse button to find a wallpaper.
- Now, choose a photo from your hard drive and click Choose image.
- The picture will be added to the list of available backdrops. The only thing left to do is choose it and then select a fit option from the drop-down menu.
If the theme is a slideshow, as most are, changing the backdrop to one color may resolve the Save a Theme issue.
4. Turn off your own screen saver.
- Personalize by right-clicking on an empty spot on your desktop.
- From the left pane, choose Lock screen, then from the right pane, select Screen saver settings.
- Select None from the Screen saver drop-down menu, then click the Apply and OK buttons to confirm the adjustments.
This error may also occur if you installed a screensaver that is incompatible with your theme; uninstalling it may rapidly resolve the issue.
5. Turn off the Theme Sync option.
- In Cortana’s search box, type sync your settings and choose the option from the results.
- Toggle off the Theme setting.
- Alternatively, you may turn off all syncing by turning off Sync settings.
- Restart Windows 10 after that.
For users signing in with Microsoft accounts, Windows 10 has a Theme sync feature that is enabled by default.
This option synchronizes (or matches) a user’s desktop theme across all Windows 10 devices connected to the same Microsoft account.
The Save a Theme problem is fixed by turning off the Theme sync option, according to users. As previously mentioned, you may turn off this setting.
Some users have also reported that turning off and on the sync option fixes the problem. As a result, you may not need to turn off synchronization.
To retain the device synchronization, try turning the theme syncing back on after restarting Windows.
This issue may also occur if one of the theme’s pictures has been removed or relocated to a different place on your computer.
If you know what picture is missing, use the File Manager app to look for it. However, there’s a low chance you’ll recall its precise name.
These methods can assist you in resolving the Save a Theme problem in Windows 10. We also have a massive collection of over 160 excellent free Windows 10 themes for you to download and replace your old one with.
Do you have a different solution to this problem? If so, please feel free to share it in the comments section.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.